Thursday, September 11, 2014

Autumn Leaves Tablescape

 Today I'm revisiting a fall tablescape. 
I was looking through the archives for inspiration.
This is from the NC condo....
I pulled a few items together that I had, 
most of them for years, and a few local finds 
to create an Autumn leaves tablescape.
I'm using the rattan chargers again. 
The black fabric placemats reverse to red 
for another look. Two for one placemats.
 The leaf print plates are used for salad.
 They were a thrifty find at a local craft fair. 
Someone had decoupaged fabric on the back
of glass plates. I got 4 for $1.25.
 All the leaf pottery is from Walmart. 
I bought it on sale last year.
A wreath of fabric Autumn leaves encircles
 a glass hurricane pillar candle.
 Clay pot saucers are used as wine coasters. 
The classic amber stemmed wine glasses
 were bought in Germany many years ago.
 Grapevine napkin rings.
 I used a long hand knitted scarf as a table 
runner. These scarves are great to find at
 all of our local towns' art and craft fairs.
An Autumnized table! 
Ready for an autumn dinner... start with my


Stay cozy...

18 comments:

  1. Wow, wow Rita May..such gorgeous dishes you've used and the coloring of the tablescape it's stunning!! Beautiful rattan chargers, dinner plates and the leaves dishes..I love it all! Have a great week my friend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your really did produce a beautiful table for what it sounds like a very reasonable cost. And it looks like you had fun doing it, half the benefit, isn't it? Decoupaging the back of glass plates, great idea and it could be done cheaply as you indicate it must have been--a fun project. I might just get inspired yet, LOL
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rita, you just "threw" that gorgeous tablescape together from pieces and bits and good sales?

    WOW- it is VERY impressive and gorgeous.

    Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Rita, love the plates. You just reminded me that I have some grapevine napkin rings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Aunt use to make those decoupaged plates! They are so pretty but she said you coldn't ge them wet:) I love this tablescape. I adore all, the clors, the smells, football, apple cider, soups. You name it:) XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm liking the napkin rings. I'm working on a leaf themed table to post later. Your table is beautiful, warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. I love, love, love those plates!! I love everything about the look you have created. Your blog background is amazing as well!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so beautiful. I love the leaf dishes, and all of your accessories are so perfect. Beautiful tablescape. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful table. Love the chandelier too and your header photo is my favorite with the plates!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice blend of Autumn and Halloween with the leaves,orange and black. Your chandelier is dramatic too, and blends well with your grapevine napkin rings and leaf theme. Onion soup sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty tablescape! I love it all. I just found your blog at Marty's party and am now following along. I'd love it if you'd follow me too.

    Noplacelikehomeally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!!! I have done Christmas decoupage plates before.....perhaps next year I will do fall ones as the Autumn Craft with my grandchildren! Imagine all the work that went into making them! Glad they found a worthy home with YOU!! You have a knack for finding such good things!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Rita, what a lovely table!! I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around fall, but you have inspired me to start getting those bins down from storage. Fall colors are so vibrant!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Autumn table!! It looks so cozy with the scarf and that sweet fabric wreath! I can't believe those plates were made by decoupaging fabric on the back!? I may have to 'visit' that in idea in the near future. Your tablescape is amazing! It makes me ready for some of your French Onion Soup!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful table I too use scarves on my tables cuz I don't have a clue how to wear them to accessorize me with they go so well when spread out with glassware and dishes.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is very pretty! Thanks for joining HSH!

    ReplyDelete