Monday, July 21, 2014

Touring Through Blogland

I've been invited to a tour through blogland
 by a favorite blogger, Cathy at
 My 1929 Charmer
Here's a Waterlogue I did of her Charmer on 
my IPhone. Cathy's blog is all about her
charming yellow vintage cottage in Chicago.
It's a fantasy story-book house that should
be in a movie. Cathy has added so many
wonderful vintage details that inspired me
 on a daily basis. If you like creative vintage
repurposing you'll need to pay her a visit.

I'm to answer 4 questions.
1) What am I working on?
Right now I'm tackling my list of
100 Things To Do. Odds and ends that have
 been pushed aside because a project that
 was more fun was discovered...usually on
 a favorite blog or Pinterest. I'm an
impulsive creator. If I see something
inspiring, I can't wait to do it.
If not right away, it gets Pinned or put on
the aforementioned list. I have lots of lists!
I guess the newest project will be
redecorating our van/rv. I want to give
 it a cottage look. We've already put down
 faux wood vinyl floor tiles. Now I want to
paint the cabinets white and sew some
 curtains. Add a few small details to make
it a mini-home for our road trips.
2) How Does my work differ from others 
of it's genre?
I write about how I spend my day (May Days),
what I do and how we live. My tablesettings
 are the ones we use every day. My projects
 are not perfect. I use all my things. I cook
dinner every night. My dinners are not
complicated. I like to cook, bake, putter,
organize and I love to repurpose.
BTW I have another blog called
Rita's Recipes. If anyone out there
knows how I can merge my 2 blogs I
will be forever grateful. I'd rather go
 thrifting than the mall. I'd rather
make something out of scraps and
 cast-offs than find something new.
I'd rather buy dishes than shoes.
I look at my blog as a form of journaling.
3) How do I write/create what I do?
I'll write a rough post on a topic and leave
it in draft until I'm inspired to finish it. Often
 I'll just take pictures of what I'm doing and
 then write a brief description later. I do
want to improve my blog with category
drop down menu and print a feature for
 recipes. I'm still learning.
4) How Does your writing/creative process work?
I just go with whatever pops in my head, or 
what I've done recently. Often it's the 
smallest things that I write about. I jot down
 ideas as they come to me, so I don't forget. 
Sometimes when I'm on a walk, in the car, or 
in the tub, my mind will relax and I'll mentally
 write a post on something that interested me
 that day. It can be something as simple as 
loving my new sheets or finally straightening
 out my Tupperware storage closet. Blogging 
has made me more mindful of the ordinary
 arts we practice every day.

I'd like to to introduce you to 3 blogs
I've been loving since I discovered blogs.

Cherry Hill Cottage
Tina had a Texas cottage that is just
oozing with vintage charm. Everything she
does is a delight and she can post one
picture and one sentence and you are
completely captivated. Look through
it all. Lots of goodies.

My Romantic Home
Cindy proves that you don't
need a big house to live beautifully.
She had transformed her former
townhouse and now her apartment
into a uniquely personalized space.
Romantic style with lots of found
treasures and painted furniture and
always beautiful California roses.

Savvy Southern Style
Kim has a decorating style that has
everything I love. Her colors are
my favorites and her sun room
is fabulous. She often changes
colors and a few pieces and I
can't decide which version I
 love more. You need to check out
every room several times.

Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. Love your home, decorating style, projects, helpful hints, recipes and your blog!

    ReplyDelete