Thursday, August 22, 2013

Apple Themed Table from North Carolina

I'm sharing a post from our place in 
North Carolina. September is all about apples
 and that's the theme I went with last 
September for the table during our stay.  
The centerpiece is my rectangular wooden
 bowl filled with wood apples and pinecones. 
The placemats are reversible, plaid on one
side and fruit on the other,
by Longaberger. 
Cherry Plaid placemat side with matching
plaid napkins.
Harvest Fruit side of the placemats.
Ivory Longaberger pottery and ruby glass
bowls are from Old Time Pottery. Hammered
 flatware by Cambridge bought at JCP.
Wooden apple napkin rings gather the napkin.
Ivory pottery tray on a wrought iron stand, 
also by Longaberger hold an assortment of
antique glass pitchers with tin lids and
pottery creamers used to warm syrup at breakfast. 
I remove the lids to warm the syrup in  the microwave.
Apple basket salt and pepper set are thrift store finds.
The tea pot is from Pottery Barn, but I found
 it at Faith Farm Thrift Store. The jar is filled
 with Bigelow's Apple & Spice Herb tea and
I topped it with a scrap of fabric and
 tied it with raffia.
It all sits inside a pottery apple shaped baker. 
 I bought it at a Montana craft fair and use it 
when I make apple cobbler.
There's even a recipe printed on the bottom.
Recipe HERE.
When I'm not using it, it hangs from a leather
strap on a wall hook by the top of the fridge.
Decorative storage.

Getting in the mood for FALL!

Cheers!

21 comments:

  1. Rita, just love your apple table! So pretty and love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, just love your apple table! So pretty and love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, love the apply theme and the placemats are perfect and you can get two looks from them. Love the bowl in your centerpiece, perfect with apples or just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love apples and this table is just perfect! Such pretty placemats, so many uses and both setting are lovely. Great Apple centerpiece and cute Apple napking rings, Cherry Kay.
    Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple table scape I love the theme and where did you find the napkin rings, they are just so darned cute and perfect for your table, love it..Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great intro to fall. All of your apple accessories give a wonderful warm feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, what a cute table. I really like the reversible placemats and those adorable apple napkin rings. Everything is coordinated so beautifully - great centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita,
    I love your apple themed tablescape! I am ready for fall and apple-picking season and this tablescape is a perfect setting - it's so warm & inviting! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have so many darling apple accessories! I love them mixed with the pine cones in your centerpiece too. What a great table for the fall!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it ! I am so ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita, your table is so cheerful. My favorite part is the large wooden bowl filled with wooden apples and pine cones. I'd love to have meals at this table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a darling table!
    I love the apple theme, I need this at my house!
    Love that wooden bowl too, perfect!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful table! Love those napkins and everything else. The red color looks great...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how lovely! Your table looks so warm and inviting, I love the apple theme, so fun for fall! Everything looks so beautifully put together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great transitional table design. The wooden bowl is a treasure, and it looks beautiful filled with the apples and pinecones. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Rita May, That is a beautiful table setting.
    It will certainly get you in the spirit for fall.
    I love fall. It really is my favorite time. The air is crisp and the temps are just right for cooking. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable! I love the apples with the pinecones center piece.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok, where is the recipe I can actually read. Call me, it's your turn, Jeanie C.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the apple theme, always do, but I'm not ready for Fall. Can we turn the clock back?

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete